August 10, 2006Edit
Due to the break-up of a potential terrorist plot to create bombs and destroy planes travelling between England and the U.S....
- No liquids, cremes or gels are allowed in carry-on luggage. These are allowed in checked bags.
- Water, coffee, duty-free liquor or perfume, or any liquid purchased beyond security checkpoints are not allowed on board.
- Exceptions are made for baby formula, milk and medicine.
- Some flights have been cancelled; many are delayed.
- Travelers should allow extra time in advance of any flights.
- Traffic is being reported as slower near some airports, including Detroit's DTW.
- Security lines are longer at most major airports.
September 29, 2006Edit
- Liquids, cremes or gels are now allowed in carry on as long as containers are less than 3 ounces and are enclosed in one clear, quart-size, plastic bag.