San Antonio is the county seat of Bexar County (pronounced "bear") located in the U.S. state of Texas. The city is on the northern edge of the South Texas region and southeast of the Texas Hill Country. San Antonio was named for the Portuguese Saint Anthony of Padua, whose feast day it was when a Spanish expedition stopped in the area in 1691. Famous for its River Walk and the Alamo, Tejano culture, and being home to SeaWorld and Six Flags Fiesta Texas theme parks, the city is visited by 20 million tourists per year. Edit this section or read more
Hotels and lodgingEdit
- Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Alamo Plaza | 425 Bonham Street | San Antonio, Texas 78205 | Phone: 1-210-212-5555 | Fax: 1-210-212-5554 | Conveniently located next to the Alamo and walking distance from the exciting River Walk and River Center Mall.
- Courtyard San Antonio Downtown/Market Square | 600 Santa Rosa South | San Antonio, Texas 78204 | Phone: 1-210-229-9449 | Fax: 1-210-229-1853 | Conveniently located near Market Square within a mile of popular attractions, such as the River Walk, Alamo, and Rivercenter Mall.
- Courtyard San Antonio Airport | 8615 Broadway Street | San Antonio, Texas 78217 | Phone: 1-210-828-7200 | Fax: 1-210-828-9003 | The Courtyard San Antonio Airport hotel is located just blocks from San Antonio International Airport. It is also near the San Antonio River Walk, SeaWorld, Six Flags Fiesta Texas and 3 different golf courses.
- Residence Inn San Antonio Airport | 1014 NE Loop 410 | San Antonio, Texas 78209 | Phone: 1-210-805-8118 | Fax: 1-210-805-9226 | Located less than a mile from the SAT airport and just a 20-minute drive from vibrant downtown San Antonio.
- Courtyard San Antonio Medical Center 8585 Marriott Drive
- Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk 207 N. St Mary's St.
- Travel Inn 6543 Old Highway 90 West
- JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa W Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa has firmly established itself as the city's premier luxury destination and the most renowned resort in the magnificent Texas Hill Country.
- The Alamo
- Seaworld San Antonio
- The Riverwalk
- The Missions Trail
Maps and transportationEdit
Getting to San AntonioEdit
Exploring San AntonioEdit
Practical information and resourcesEdit
|Add a new photo to the photo gallery. Vote on which images to feature in the featured images forum.|
|Got something to say that doesn't fit in the other sections of this page? Add it here!|
Add links to other sites here