Paraty (also spelled Parati) is a coastal historic town in the state of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. It was first settled by the Portuguese in 1667. Its old churches, cobbled streets and nearby forests, waterfalls, islands and emerald-green sea attract lots of tourists interested in mixing cultural tourism and more natural settings.
Hotels and lodging Edit
- Aluguel Chalé na Cachoeira Paraty Bungalô Paraty. Estrada Paraty-Cunha Km2; Rua do Bananal, Final, S/N. Ponte Branca, Paraty, RJ. 55 0 24 3373 1302. At our Chalet Deluxe, nature and outdoors lovers, will have a place to relax and enjoy the Mata Atlántica na Serra da Bocaina. Stay at this piece of heaven and enjoy your holidays with all your home facilities, rent our house by the waterfalls. Right in the middle of Paraty’s natural beauty and just 5 km away from Paraty's Historic Centre.
- Hostel Chill Inn Beach Front Hostel Paraty, Rua Orlando Carpinelli, 3 - Praia do Pontal, In Praia do Pontal in Town, +55 24 3371-2545 , Pousada Paraty Chill Inn Hostel Parati, Dorms From R$19 - Private Rooms from R$59, Cool Beachfront Hostel in Town. Free Pick-Up, Breakfast, all rooms ensuite.
- Hostel en Paraty Contact us: [ - Geko Hostel is located at Praia Pontal, only 3 minutos away from the historical town of Paraty and also near of all that you may need. This hostel in front of the sea it's a quiet and chilled out environment where you can enjoy a caipirinha, make new friendships from all over Brazil and the world, you may read a book, play the guitar or anything else that you may enjoy. +55 (0) 24 3371 2507 | Rua Orlando Carpinelli, 5 | Praia do Pontal.
- Located near Paraty, you can visit this quaint fisherman village turned hippie town, which boasts some of Costa Verde’s most beautiful beaches. You’ll have the opportunity to trek in the rainforest to reach the Caixado Natural Pool – a small oasis in the middle of the jungle – perfect for snorkeling.
- Jeep Tours
- Take part in an incredible adventure - visiting the famous National Park of Serra Bocaina with its preserved rainforest and breath-taking waterfalls. After that, check out the typical Cachaca( nationa liquor) distilleries before making your way up the historical Gold Trail, used during the -century to export gold. An all inclusive and informative tour!
Maps and transportation Edit
Getting to Paraty Edit
Exploring Paraty Edit
Practical information and resources Edit
Photo gallery Edit
|Add a new photo to the photo gallery. Vote on which images to feature in the featured images forum.|
Everything else Edit
|Got something to say that doesn't fit in the other sections of this page? Add it here!|
External resources Edit
Add links to other sites here