Fresno is the fifth-largest city in California, the largest inland city in California and the 34th-largest in the nation.
Fresno is in the center of the San Joaquin Valley and is the largest city in the Central Valley, which contains the San Joaquin Valley. It is approximately 220 miles (350 km) northwest of Los Angeles, 170 miles (270 km) south of the state capital, Sacramento, or 185 miles (300 km) south of San Francisco. The name Fresno means "ash tree" in Spanish, and an ash leaf is featured on the city's flag.
Hotels and lodgingEdit
- African-American Museum of the San Joaquin Valley
- Arte Américas
- Discovery Center
- Forestiere Underground Gardens
- Fresno Art Museum
- Kearney Mansion Museum
- Legion of Valor Museum
- Meux Home Museum
- Old Fresno Water Tower Tourist Center
- Fresno's Chaffee Zoo
- Sierra Endangered Cat Haven (Fresno County)
Maps and transportationEdit
Getting to FresnoEdit
Practical information and resourcesEdit
- Fresno Resort Life - Vacation guide to local resorts, attractions, recreation, festivals and other fun activities.
|Add a new photo to the photo gallery. Vote on which images to feature in the featured images forum.|
|Got something to say that doesn't fit in the other sections of this page? Add it here!|