Four Seasons Hotel Chicago is an American Automobile Association (AAA) Five Diamond and Mobil Five Star hotel. Located in the heart of downtown Chicago the hotel is part of the Toronto-based Four Seasons Hotel|Four Seasons luxury hotels and resorts. Four Seasons Hotel Chicago is situated near a number of entertainment, cultural, shopping and sports related attractions.
Opened in 1989, Four Seasons Hotel Chicago is located atop the 900 North Michigan Avenue shopping mall (the hotel is located between floors 30 and 46). Four Seasons Hotel Chicago currently houses 343 guest rooms, offering views of Lake Michigan or the Chicago Skyline from the 32nd to 46th floors of the tower.
900 North Michigan Avenue is part of Chicago's Magnificent Mile, known for its architectural landmarks such as the John Hancock Center, seasonal events such as Light Nights in winter and area cultural and entertainment attractions. 900 North Michigan Avenue includes Bloomingdales, Gucci and Adidas shops in addition to several fine dining restaurants.
Four Seasons Hotel Chicago will soon undergo its first renovation. The renovation will provide a French Art Deco design to the structure, patterned after a 1930s style.
Nearby Attractions and Activities Edit
Four Seasons Hotel Chicago is located within walking distance of the following locations:
- Art Institute of Chicago - Known for its Impressionist, Post-Impressionist and American artwork.
- Museum of Contemporary Art - Houses thousands of art objects and artists books and hosts a monthly New Artists/New Work exhibition series.
- John Hancock Center|The Hancock Observatory - Situated at the top of the John Hancock Center the observatory offers views that span 80 miles and 4 states. Offers Sky Tours of Chicago available in English, Spanish and German.
- Michigan Avenue|The Magnificent Mile - This portion of North Michigan Avenue includes some of the world's tallest buildings, fine restaurants, hotels and stores. The John Hancock Center and the Wrigley Building are two notable buildings located here.
- Water Tower Place|Water Tower Place Shopping Center - Includes over 100 shops, a live theater, restaurants and Macy's and Lord and Taylor department stores.
- Navy Pier - Chicago waterfront events and tourist location that attracts over 8 million visitors per year. Events include tour boats, entertainment, shopping and dining on Lake Michigan.
In addition, the hotel is located within a short drive of other notable Chicago attractions:
- Soldier Field - Home of the NFL Chicago Bears, and venue for college football, high school football and soccer games.
- Lincoln Park Zoo - One of the oldest zoos in the United States, it is located a few minutes north of Chicago. Housing over one thousand animals, the museum is free and open every day.
- Sears Tower - Located on Wacker Drive on the West Loop, the 110 story office tower stands 1,450 feet high and is one of the most recognizable buildings in Chicago.
- Wrigley Field - Built in 1914 this historic home of Major League Baseball's Chicago Cubs is the site of historical baseball moments such as Babe Ruth's "called shot" and Ernie Banks' 500th career home run.
- U.S. Cellular Field - Home of the Chicago White Sox, the stadium offers a two tier fan deck on top of the center field concession stands, and also houses a conference and learning center inside the ballpark.
- Museum of Science and Industry - Offers historical and modern technology exhibits including the Aurora 7 Mercury Space Capsule, the Great Train Story (a 3,500 square foot model train layout) and gears and motion devices exhibited at the Century of Progress Exposition in 1933.
- Shedd Aquarium|The John Shedd Aquarium - For over 75 years the Shedd Aquarium has provided aquatic animal exhibits, educational and conservation programs.
- Field Museum of Natural History - Houses over 20 million specimens including anthropological collections, Department of Botany and Environmental and Conservation Programs.
- The United Center - Home of the Chicago Bulls of the National Basketball Association and the Chicago Blackhawks of the National Hockey League, the venue also hosts concerts, banquets and sales meetings.