Beijing or formally known as Peking, is the capital of the People's Republic of China and one of the most populous cities in the world, with a population of 20M in 2010. The metropolis, located in northern China, is governed as a direct-controlled municipality under the national government, with 14 urban and suburban districts and two rural counties. Beijing Municipality is surrounded by Hebei Province with the exception of neighboring Tianjin Municipality to the southeast.
Beijing is China's second largest city by urban population after Shanghai and is the country's political, cultural and educational center. It is home and headquarters for most of China's largest state-owned companies. Few cities in the world have been the political and cultural centre of an area as immense for so long. The city is renowned for its opulent palaces, temples, and huge stone walls and gates. Its art treasures and universities have long made it a centre of culture and art in China.
Hotels and lodgingEdit
The Great Wall
Temple of Heaven
Old Summer Palace
Princess Gong's Mansion
Maps and transportationEdit
Getting to BeijingEdit
Exploring BeijingEditBeijing offers many things to explore, from interesting activities to historical sites..
1. Great Wall Tours - Hiking on the great wall is a must for every visitors to Beijing
2. Cycling around Beijing - for those who want to explore the city on own pace
3. Explore Old Beijing - Visiting the Hutongs which shows the local lifestyle of old Beijinger's
4. Walking around the city center of Beijing - Wangfujing avenue would be a nice place for night walking
5. Visit the Panjiayuan Market - look around to see kinds of antiques
6. Eating Pecking Roast Duck - Quanjude is the most popular place for this
7. Local Beijing snacks - Longfusi and Huguosi are the snacks restaurants
8. watch Kungfu Show
9. Wathcing Pecking Opera
10. Relaxing at Houhai Bar
Practical information and resourcesEdit
|Add a new photo to the Beijing gallery. Vote on which images to feature in the featured images forum.|
|Got something to say that doesn't fit in the other sections of this page? Add it here!|
Add links to other sites here