Atlanta is the capital and most populous city of Georgia, in the United States. It is the county seat of Fulton County, although a portion of the city (the 1909 annex) is located in DeKalb County. According to the latest census estimates (as of December, 2004), the city has a population of approximately 419,122 and the Atlanta metropolitan area totaled 4,708,297. Atlanta has long been considered the economic powerhouse of the Southern United States and is arguably a poster-child for cities worldwide experiencing rapid urban sprawl, population growth, and commercial development. Edit this section or read more
Tips For: Edit
Hotels and lodgingEdit
- Residence Inn Atlanta Kennesaw/Town Center | 3443 Busbee Drive | Kennesaw, Georgia 30144 | Phone: 1-770-218-1018 | Fax: 1-770-218-2107 | Located near Acworth, GA and is conveniently located minutes from Town Center Mall and downtown Atlanta.
- Courtyard Atlanta Executive Park/Emory | 1236 Executive Park Drive | Atlanta, Georgia 30329 | Phone: 1-404-728-0708 | Fax: 1-404-636-4019 | Located near Emory University, the CDC, and the Buckhead area.
- Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland Center | 3000 Cumberland Blvd | Atlanta, Georgia 30339 | Phone: 1-770-952-2555 | Fax: 1-770-952-2409 | Located near I-75/I-285 and close to the Cumberland Convention Center and is near Six Flags Over Georgia.
- Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road | 2050 Sullivan Road | College Park, Georgia 30337 | Phone: 1-770-997-2220 | Fax: 1-770-994-9743 | Located one mile from Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
- Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead | 2960 Piedmont Road NE | Atlanta, Georgia 30305 | Phone: 1-404-239-0677 | Fax: 1-404-262-9638 | Located next to Buckhead's elegant shops and fine restaurants.
- Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia | 3399 International Boulevard | Hapeville, Georgia 30354 | Phone: 1-404-559-1043 | Fax: 1-404-559-1234 | Located within walking distance of Delta Airlines Headquarters and has complimentary shuttle service to Hartsfield/Jackson Atlanta Airport.
- Courtyard Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory, 130 Clairemont Avenue, +1 404 371-0204, . The best hotel in downtown Decatur; has an indoor pool; one block from Decatur Square and near MARTA's Decatur Station.
- Courtyard Atlanta Alpharetta 
- Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/Windward 
- Residence Inn Atlanta Alpharetta/North Point Mall 
- Homewood Suites by Hilton - Atlanta - Buckhead 
- Courtyard Atlanta Gwinnett Mall 
- Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech 
- Courtyard Atlanta Perimeter Center 
- Courtyard Columbus 
- SpringHill Suites Atlanta Buckhead 
- Atlanta Botanical Gardens 
- Atlanta Zoo 
- CNN Studio 
- Fernbank Science Center and Museum of Natural History 
- The Georgia Aquarium (the world's largest, opened in 2005) 
- Margaret Mitchell House and Museum 
- The Martin Luther King Center 
- World of Coca Cola 
- The varisity
- Georgia Tech
- Georgia Dome
- Turner Field
- Centenial Park
Maps and transportationEdit
Getting to AtlantaEdit
Practical information and resourcesEdit
- Bullpen Rib House Website
735 Pollard Blvd SW, Atlanta, GA 30315 (Grant Park)
- Octane Coffee 
1009 Marietta St NW, Atlanta, GA (Midtown)
510 Flat Shoals Avenue (East Atlanta)
- San Francisco Coffee Roasting Co.
664 N Highland Ave NE (Poncey)
and 1192 N Highland Ave NE (Virginia Highland)
- Alons Bakery and Cafe 
1394 N Highland Ave NE (Morningside)
|Add a new photo to the photo gallery. Vote on which images to feature in the featured images forum.|
|Got something to say that doesn't fit in the other sections of this page? Add it here!|
Add links to other sites here
- Atlanta Bar Blog - Atlanta Bars in Google Earth
- Atlanta Hotels - Atlanta Hotels at Hotel Zone
- Atlanta Hotel Finder - Travel-Ascending Atlanta
- Atlanta Real Estate - Crye-Leike Realtors
- Atlanta Review
- Atlanta Team Building - Success Coach Larry Lipman
- Hotel Atlanta Find the hotel that suits your every need.